We Didn’t Choose Brown, It Just Came Naturally.
Knauf Insulation Friendly Feel® Duct Wrap with ECOSE® Technology sets a new industry benchmark for sustainable, high-performance, cost-effective insulation solutions.
To create the next generation of sustainable insulation, we combined:
- Sand, one of the world’s most abundant and renewable resources,
- Minimum 61.9% post-consumer recycled bottle glass and
- ECOSE Technology
Revolutionary New ECOSE Technology
The natural brown color comes from ECOSE Technology, a revolutionary, more sustainable binder.
- Patented technology born from five years of intensive research and development.
- Based on rapidly renewable bio-based materials rather than non-renewable petroleum-based chemicals commonly used in our traditional fiber glass insulation products.
- Does not contain phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colors.
- Reduces binder embodied energy by up to 70%, and global warming Potential (GWP) and total insulation
- embodied energy by an anticipated 4% to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Converts natural, rapidly renewable organic materials into a totally inert polymer for superior environmental sustainability.
Your Best Choice
Knauf Insulation Duct Wrap with ECOSE® Technology delivers:
- Uses renewable and abundant resources.
- Contains an industry-leading percentage of post-consumer recycled glass.
- Replaces non-renewable resources with renewable ones.
- Based on rapidly renewable bio-based materials.
- Eliminates non-renewable petroleum-based chemicals, such as phenol and formaldehyde.
- Reduces binder embodied energy.
- Contains no artificial colors.
- Cost-effective way to improve thermal and acoustical performance.
- Is interior-friendly—GREENGUARD certified for Children & Schools.
- Helps projects achieve LEED Green Building Certification.
Great Handling Characteristics
- New Friendly Feel Duct Wrap with ECOSE Technology boasts exceptional quality and handling characteristics that keep installers happy and more productive—great feel, low dust, quick recovery.
- Flexible, lightweight—conforms easily to flat or irregular surfaces.
- Tough and resilient—resists damage in shipment and during and after installation.
- Easier, faster measurement of stretch-out lengths with KwikStretch® Markings on the FSK and PSK staple flanges.
- Rolls allow for faster installation, lower labor costs.
Great Performance Benefits
New Friendly Feel® Duct Wrap with ECOSE Technology meets all the specifications and performance requirements for your projects.
Excellent Acoustical Barrier
- Reduces sound transmission through the duct wall of noise generated by air turbulence and mechanical equipment for quiet, efficient air delivery
- Low “k” factor significantly reduces heat gain or loss.
- Lowers operating costs—increases system efficiency and reduces energy usage.
- FSK or PSK facings assure condensation control with proper installation and sealed joints, seams and penetrations.
- White and Black PSK facings are a desirable solution for exposed duct work because of their appearance and resiliency.
- Knauf Friendly Feel® Duct Wrap with ECOSE Technology is a thermal and acoustical insulation blanket bonded with ECOSE Technology for use as an external insulation on commercial or residential heating or air conditioning ducts.
- Suitable for the exterior of rectangular or round sheet metal ducts and spaces and surfaces where temperature and condensation must be controlled.
- Ideal for cooling, heating or dual temperature service.
Surface Burning Characteristics
- UL/ULC Classified (FSK). Unfaced or composite (insulation, facing and adhesive) does not exceed 25 Flame Spread,50 Smoke Developed when tested in accordance with ASTM E 84 (PSK only), CAN/ULC S102-M88, NFPA 255 and UL 723.
Temperature Range (ASTM C 411)
- Faced—up to 250˚F (1221˚C); Unfaced—up to 350˚F (177˚C).
Water Vapor Sorption (ASTM C 1104)
- Less than 5% by weight when tested for 96 hours at 120˚F (49˚C) and 95% relative humidity.
Water Vapor Permeance (ASTM E 96, Procedure A)
- FSK and white PSK facings—maximum .02 perms.
- Black PSK facing—maximum .09 perms.
Corrosiveness (ASTM C 665)
- Does not accelerate corrosion on steel, copper or aluminum.
Corrosion (ASTM C 1617)
- The corrosion rate in mils/yr will not exceed that of 1 ppm chloride solution.
Resistance to Microbial Growth (ASTM C 1338)
- No growth.
Puncture Resistance (TAPPI Test T803) (Beach Units)
- FSK and PSK: 25
- ASTM C 1139-unfaced, Type I, II
- Grade 1- 0.75 lb/ft³
- Grade 2- 1.0 lb/ft³
- Grade 3- 1.5 lb/ft³
- ASTM C 553; Type I, II, III
- ASTM C 1136; Type II
- ASTM C 1290
- GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified
- GREENGUARD for Children and Schools Certified
- California Title 24 (installed at 25% compression)
- HH-I-558C; Form B, Type I, Class 7
- NFPA 90A and 90B
- CAN/ULC S102-M88
- CAN/CGSB 51.5M; Type II (FSK facing)
- CAN/CGSB 51.11-92
R-Values (ASTM C 518) @ 75°F Mean Temperture
Thermal Efficiency (ASTM C 177)