Product Stewardship & Extended Producer Responsibility Policy Statement
Adopted January 4, 2013
Knauf Insulation believes that it is in the best interest of public welfare and the environment to reduce the adverse health, financial, environmental, and other negative impacts associated with the entire life cycle of consumer products.
The goals of our product stewardship and extended producer responsibility are:
- To reduce the overall environmental impacts from buildings to ensure that we move to a lower energy and carbon built environment
- To ensure our product designs are guided by life cycle assessment
- To encourage source & waste reduction
- To increase use of recycled materials in our manufacturing
- To educate all stakeholders about the environmental and health impacts of the entire life cycle of our products
- To provide instruction and field support regarding the correct application of our products
- To refrain from making unsubstantiated comparative assertions
- To be on the forefront of industry thinking with respect to extended producer responsibility
- To be transparent about the safety and environmental friendliness of our product.
Chief Executive Officer